Submittals are due by OCTOBER 20, 2016
The Council of Educational Facilities Planners – Georgia Chapter (Georgia CEFPI, Inc.) is a professional association whose sole mission is improving the places where children and young adults learn. CEFPI members, individuals, institutions and corporations are actively involved in planning, designing, building, equipping and maintaining schools and colleges.
To promote the organization’s objectives, Georgia CEFPI is offering academic scholarships to full-time students pursuing a degree in related studies. Georgia CEFPI intends to award one or more scholarships to qualified students to help them defray the costs of pursuing a degree. The amounts of the scholarships vary from year to year based on available funding, but typically will range from approximately $3,000 to $10,000 per scholarship award.
Download the Application
1. Must have completed or nearing completion of a minimum of three (3) full academic years of studies, and must have one (1) or less academic year remaining prior to completing the degree being pursued or be enrolled in a master's program.
2. Must be enrolled in a Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Engineering (civil, construction, structural, mechanical, electrical, environmental), Construction Management, Real Estate Development, Law or other related degree program in the state of Georgia or be a resident of the State of Georgia enrolled in a program outside the State of Georgia and show a strong interest in a career in the desired field as demonstrated by a response to the essay question in the application package.
Complete the application and submit as directed. The CEFPI Georgia Scholarship Evaluation Committee will review all responsive applications and the CEFPI Georgia Board of Directors may make one or more awards based the evaluation and available funding. CEFPI Georgia Scholarship Evaluation Committee will draw on this application packet and checklist.
The Georgia CEFPI Scholarship Evaluation Committee will be using this scholarship application form and these guidelines in selecting winners:
- academic performance: 50%
- quality of essay on future plans and scholarship interest: 25%
- recommendation of faculty advisor: 10%
- extracurricular activities: 15%
The CEFPI Georgia scholarship program does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion or national origin in the awarding of scholarship grants.