Call for Submittals
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: 11.28.22 at 5:00 PM
The 2023 theme for Georgia Chapter of the Association for Learning Environments Summer Conference is “Moving Forward With Purpose”. The theme speaks to the following:
- Change just for change’s sake doesn’t equal progress. Developing, exploring, and/or implementing change must be purposeful with value driven goals and measurable criteria for success
- “Opportunities are problems in search of solutions” – Denis Waitley
When we strategize about our challenges and focus on the aspects we can influence or control, we progress into a solution mindset. Once there, we can move forward with purpose.
- Failure isn’t a “negative”. Failure is integral to success; it’s part of the process.
- It’s natural to be afraid to try something new. Leading and living with intention and purpose means forging ahead despite that fear.
The Summer Conference is quickly approaching, and we anticipate another exceptional conference. It’s time to open our Call for Presentations.
- June 25-28, 2023 Summer Conference at Jekyll Island
Our goal is to provide presentations that challenge the industry to provide facilities that will provide Georgia Schools with high performance facilities that will withstand the ever-evolving education environment.
All presentations should focus on educating school facility representatives and other attendees on new technologies, updated processes and procedures, innovative strategies, etc. that support our stated theme. We particularly encourage joint participation with school facility representatives where real-life strategies have been implemented. We encourage school facility representatives with interesting challenges and stories to share them with their peers through presentations, as well. Sessions should not have a commercial or sales-oriented focus.
Sessions will be sixty (60) minutes in length, with a balance of time for presentation and group discussion. AV equipment will be available, if requested. All presentations will be converted to PDF files and posted to the Georgia A4LE website. All proposals for consideration must be submitted on or before November 28, 2022 at 5:00 PM.